Monday, October 1, 2012

A Personal Update

As many of you that read this blog on a regular basis know, a few months ago I weighed in at a lean and powerful 191.5 pounds. Currently, I weigh in at a ripped and powerful 168.2 pounds. That's a difference of 23.3 pounds, with about 90 percent of that weight loss being from body fat.

That's a pretty good loss in anybody's book, but even more so when you look at the fact that I haven't been trying to lose weight. I've added between 500 and 1,000 calories to my daily eating; I haven't been doing any type of "cardio" training. My training has been exclusively made up of powerlifitng and bodyweight training. Yet, while flying in the face of conventional "wisdon" I've dropped more than 23 pounds in a very short period of time.

So, again people, it's not the amount of calories that you put into your mouth that count and it's not hours of slaving away on the treadmil-to-nowhere that are going to make the difference. It's timing your nutrients correctly and making the proper food decisions mixed in with good strength training that's going to allow you the ability to change your body.

Starting this week, it's time for me to shift gears and go back to some serious mass building. Talk with you more later.

Yours in strength and health,
Brett Stepan

No comments:

Post a Comment