Friday, February 12, 2016

A little Bottom Position Squat Fun!!

Starting my squats from the bottom position is one of my favorite ways to do them.     When you start them from the top (normal squats), you activate the stretch reflex, create stored elastic energy and build up momentum, all of which help you to squat more weight. When you start from the bottom, you can only use brute strength. In the past doing singles with 340 pounds built up my legs to be able to handle 500 for sets of 5 reps, and 550 pounds for a double. Last night I nailed sets of 3 reps (in rest pause style) with 390 pounds from the bottom position. It'll be fun to see the effect that has on my normal squats!! Here's the artistic shot of the bar with three 45's, a 35 and a 2.5 pound on each side, ready to be mastered!


No comments:

Post a Comment