Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Personal Post and much peace

A client of mine was talking with me about the personal post I made a few weeks ago and they said, "Brett, it's hard to believe that you are genuinely such a great guy, so truly happy and at peace and so in love with life; based on your past. How do you do it?" First of all, thanks for the compliment =) I told them that yes, my past includes almost drowning, growing up in an alcoholic and abusive household, being molested as a child outside of the household, breaking my back, and numerous violent real world altercations. But, that past doesn't define who I am. The past doesn't exist and it has no bearing on who you are today nor on who you will be tomorrow. Your choices make all the difference. Yes, I may have had a troubled past, buy many had far worse and came out the other end as well. My scars and hard times taught me what I didn't want to be and how I didn't want to live, and showed my a clear path on how to become what I want to become. It taught me how to be a stronger and better persons, and these are lessons that I can forever use to help others find the light at the end of their darkness. They taught me how to appreciate life, and all of the beauties in it. They taught me how to truly forgive and the magic that exists in forgiveness. And they taught my that I can always choose to be happy right now, for no reason at all. Once I forgave all those involved as well as myself; once I chose peace, love, happiness and beauty, everything else fell into place. And I am truly free to become the man I want to become. To be truly happy and at peace with myself and the world, regardless of what's going on around me. And I truly wake up everyday looking forward to the adventure of life, Loving life 100%, and being grateful and blessed for the life that I have, who I am and who I am becoming =) Much love, peace and happiness to everyone. And remember, I can always choose peace, rather than this =)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment