Monday, June 18, 2012

Some Personal Stuff

Me, having fun with some handstand practice at the park!
Wow, it's been a little while since I last posted. It's amazing how time really flies. I hope that all the father's out there had a great father's day!

One of the questions that I'm often asked is what type of methods do I use in my own training as well as in the training of my wonderful bride and all of my athletes and clients?

It's actually pretty simple. Because my first priority for my clients and myself is optimum health, I make sure that evey method passes the health test. If it hurts someones health and wellness, I'm not into it. From there I look at how the methods are going to affect people's performance in their daily lives, especially for my athletes. If it's not giong to make them more effective in their sport, I don't use it. Then I'll look at how the method is going to do in the realm of creating a physique that someone's going to be proud of.

Overall I tend to use the following:

Gymnastic and Martial Arts Based Bodyweight Training
Olympic Weightlifting
Powerlifting
Strongman Training
Kettlebell Training
Indian and Iranian Club Training
Sandbag and Bulgarian Bag Training
Medicine Ball Training
Odd Objects Lifting and Carrying
Sprinting, Hill Sprinting, Rope Skip Sprinting, and Swim Sprinting
Qi Gong and Tai Chi
Yoga
Joint Mobility Training
Breathing Drills

Basically, I people to master their own body; to lift, carry, and throw heavy shit, and to jump and sprint. Then I have them recover through a mixture of breathing, stretching, mobilizing, and rest.

Talk with you more later.

Yours in strenght and health,
Brett Stepan

No comments:

Post a Comment