Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stop Using Your Age As An Excuse!

The other day I was flippng through the channels on the old TV and I came across TMZ. I"m not a fan, but it's good for a laugh or two. On this particular day they had a picture of Shemar Moore on the beach. They were all amazed at how ripped he is especially since he's 43. Really, come on people, 43 isn't old! The next day I was listening to a radio talk show and they had just intverviewed some guy and they were amazed that he was ripped at 39 years old! Again, really?

I think it's time to share a little secret with some people; It ain't your age that counts! The following pictures have people in them that are all between the ages of 40 and 80. According to most people's thoughts on aging, everyone here should be ready for the scrap heap with "how old" they all are. Yet I think that you'll see, these guys are all pretty impressive. Along with Shemar I've added some shots of Randy Couture (who's 48 I believe), Steve Maxwell (who's 59), Sylvester Stallone (who's 65 I believe), Clarance Bass (who's 70), Peter Ragnar and a few others that I don't know by name or age.


I think it's pretty clear by the shape all of these guys are in that it's not the age that counts, it all comes down to how you treat your body.

If you've spent 30, 40, 50, or more years loading up on junk food, processed food, and all that other crap; and you don't vigorously exercise of course you're going to be out of shape. But, it's your actions and the choices that you've made that have caused your body to go down the crapper, not your age or your genetics or any of the other B.S. that people cry and whine about.

However, if you eat the way that nature inteded you to, you exercise vigorously, get the right amounts of sleep, and learn how to deal with and minimize the stresses in your life; it doesn't matter how old you are.

Now, stop using age as a freaking excuse, get out there and train hard and smart, eat right, and kick some ass! I'll talk with you more later.

Yours in strenth and health,
Brett Stepan

2 comments:

  1. Teenagers of our days tend to look more mature. Maybe this is why people are surprised when they see an youthfull-looking adult.
    But you are right, looking young and healthy should be the norm, not the exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comments. I totally agree with you :)

      Delete