Monday, June 15, 2015

A huge reason why I love the old school

One of the things that I'm sick of in a sport that I love is the bloated gut!!

Of course I'm talking about bodybuilding, and I'm talking about all of the top pros that are out there competing while looking pregnant.

Now, I'm not dissing these guys, it's the direction that the sport has gone. And, I love guys like Phil, Kai, Jay and the like. But the bloated, distended bellies just suck!







In the quest for sheer, freaky mass for mass sake, I personally think that we've really lost something.

Bodybuilding used to be about health, athletics, and beauty.

The old school bodybuilders used to have a look that made women swoon and made every man want to look like them.

Now a days, I can't imagine how many people actually look and say, "Damn, I want to look like that. Look at that belly."

Symmetry, proportion, aesthetics and beauty used to be the name of the game. And     the bodybuilder was a physical artist.

Look at these physiques and see how they compare to the caricatures of today's athletes.

Bob Paris:


Frank Zane:

Lee Labrada:

Marvin Eder:

Steve Reeves:

John Grimek:

Don Howorth:


Don Ross:




Sergio Olivia:


Chuck Sipes:


Reg Park:





All of these men were supremely muscular, strong and fit. They also carried a look that resembled a Greek God.

Personally, I'll always admire those physiques over the freaky look.

Butt, that's just my opinion.









No comments:

Post a Comment