Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Ah, people are funny

Ah, people are funny. This morning, I finished off this set of the floor routine, went to check the video to see what I could improve upon for the next set, and took of my shirt to wipe the sweat from my eyes. Just then a 31 year old guy walks up to me and tells me to really appreciate what I'm doing because, in his words, "Once you turn 30 it'll be IMPOSSIBLE to stay so muscular and fit and to do the things that you've been doing out here the past few weeks." His jaw hit the floor when I thanked him for the advice and then let him know that I'll be turning 39 in a few weeks. Instead of thinking of the hard work, clean living, good eating, smart training, discipline and dedication that I've used in my training he immediately yelled at me about how nice it must be to have my genetics. Then he accused my of abusing steroids because, in his own words again, "It's IMPOSSIBLE to look how I look and do what I do at almost 39!" As he stormed off, I watched the video, took notes on where to improve and hit two more sets of the floor routine, each one better than the last. People are funny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment