Thursday, March 12, 2015

It's fun to BMI Bash!!

Those of you that are regular readers of my blogs, my articles, my tips and even my facebook know that I love to bash the BMI (Body Mass Index). I do this simply because the BMI is so fucking ridiculous. BMI is the old height/ weight scale with some added math. Take your height in centimeters and add it to your weight in kilograms and divide by 2. It never takes into account what your bodyweight is made up of. For example, if you're 5'5" and you weight 200 pounds with a 48% body fat, a big hanging gut, love handles, bat wings, saddle bags and the like; yes, you're obese.

But, on the other hand, if you're 5'5" and you weight 200 pounds with a 6% body fat and you're rocking chiseled abs, a mountain range of muscle for a back, awesome legs, incredible arms, great shoulders and a strong neck guess what? You're not obese.

Here's a great example.

According to the BMI, Olympic lifting legend Dmitri Klokov is morbidly obese:




Seriously. According to BMI, this is obese? Really?

Hmmmm........sounds a little stupid and ludicrous to me.

Stay strong, train hard be muscular and don't give a damn about what the BMI says!!


No comments:

Post a Comment